What is a Nominee Director?
A nominee director is a director appointed to the board of a company to represent the interests of his appointer (beneficial owner) on that board. The beneficial owner may choose to appoint a Nominee Director because they do not wish to register the company with their name showing as Director. We do not get involved in the running of your company and are on the Companies House register in name only.
As Nominee of a company, we will act in name only and will not have any involvement with the company. If you require any documents to be signed by the Nominee, additional charges will apply.
This service is valid for a period of 12 months, and can be renewed after this period. This service is for an individual Nominee Director to be appointed to your UK Company.
When can I buy a Nominee Director Service?
You can select to have a Nominee Director when incorporating your company. The Nominee will then be appointed upon incorporation and will appear on the incorporation documents under the director details.
You are also able to purchase our Nominee Director service after incorporation. Once we have received an order we will take action to appoint the Director to your company. The change will also be recorded with Companies House.
Please note that the price of the Nominee Director includes appointing the Director to the company, this does not include the signing of documents (excluding the company documents)
What do I need to provide for Nominee Director?
The only information that we require from you for our Nominee Director Service is:
• Beneficial Owners Name
• Beneficial Owners Address
• Business Activities
We will also require a certified passport, utility bill, CV and Reference Letter for the Beneficial Owner.
The following documentation must be provided in original and should be posted to our office:
• Certified copy of Passport
• Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months - this must be the original bill and not a printed copy
• Bank Reference Letter - to contain the original signature from the Bank
• KYC Questionnaire - we will provide this to you to complete, the original signed version must be returned to our office
• CV - containing details of your employment history, this will need signing by you
• Company Accounts (if the company is an existing company)
• Signed copies of Nominee Agreement - we will provide these to you and they will need signing and returning to us via post
A Skype meeting will also be required with the Nominee Director for identification purposes.
To use the Nominee Director service, the Beneficial Owner must be a Natural Person (individual), not a Corporate Officer.
How long is the Nominee Director Service valid?
The Nominee Director Service is valid for a period of 12 months, after this period you can choose to renew the service or we can resign as Director of your company.
We will send you an email reminder 1 month before the service is due to expire
The service includes appointing an individual person to the company for 12 months. Please note that if you require any identification documents, there will be additional charges.
Can I have a Power of Attorney giving authority to the Beneficial Owner?
The issuance of a Power of Attorney is not included in our Nominee Director price. However, you are able to order a Power of Attorney directly from our UK Additional Services. Please note that the Power of Attorney price is only applicable to new Nominee Director orders.
Appointment of Company
The Nominee price is for the Appointment of the Nominee to the company for 1 year and the signing of the incorporation documents. If other documents should be signed by the nominee, there are several options:
1) the nominee is willing to sign documents subject to compliance checks, charges will occur to the client for the signing of documents. When originals are required, courier expenses should be covered by the client too. Please note: Contracts and Agreements signed with value over 1 million, Assignment Agreement and Loan Agreements and other complex financial instruments are treated as high risk and are reviewed by the compliance. The provision of signatures on such documents depends on the case and is discussed individually.
2) the documents can be signed by the company representative on the basis of the Power of Attorney, the client provides the nominee with a copy of passport of the Attorney and covers the fee for the Power of Attorney (legalised with Apostille) for a charge of 349.00GBP. Please note: The Power of Attorney is issued without the right of substitution.