Scotland Registered Office – Official Letters
If a registered office is not renewed by the due date, CFS International Formations Limited reserve the right to change the companies registered office address and cease forwarding of all mail.
What is a Registered Office Address?
The Registered Office Address is a legal requirement for all companies registered in the UK. The address must be a physical address in the UK, and must be in the same part of the UK in which your company is registered. The Registered Office Address is where all your company post is sent, and is held on the public register for the public to view.
A Registered Office Address is a legal requirement for all UK Companies. All UK Companies must ensure that they have a Registered Office Address located in the UK. The address must be a physical address where your company post is sent and it must be located in the same part of the UK in which your company is registered. The Registered Office is held on the public register and is available for the public to view.
The Registered Office Address can be a residential or non residential address, however most people prefer to keep their home addresses private. The purpose of the Registered Office Address is to provide Companies House and HMRC with an official address for delivering your company mail.
Where can the Registered Office Address be located?
Depending on where your company is registered will depend on where your Registered Office Address can be located.
Please see further information below:
• If your company was registered with a Scotland Address, your company will be a Scottish Company so your Registered Office Address can only be located in Scotland
• If your company was registered with a Northern Ireland Address, your company will be a Northern Ireland Company so your Registered Office Address can only be located in Northern Ireland
• If your company was registered with an England or Wales Address, your company will be an English Company so your Registered Office Address can only be located in England or Wales
Why use a Registered Office Address Service?
• Keeps your home address private
• Your home address will not be displayed on the public records
• Prevent unwanted visitors at your home/business address
• Prevents you from receiving unwanted Junk Mail
• There will always be someone at hand to forward on your essential and important mail
• If you are an overseas customer, you may need this service to form your company as all UK Companies must have a Registered Office Address in the UK
This service can be used for an existing Scottish Company or for forming a new Scottish Company.
Provides you with a Registered Office Address located in Glasgow, Scotland.
All Government mail will be forwarded to an address of your choice, if the forwarding address is overseas postal charges will apply.
Postage Deposit (overseas forwarding address only)
The Registered Office Postage Deposit is a minimal amount to cover the postal costs of sending your Registered Office post to your forwarding address.
The postal costs will be deducted from this deposit as they occur. Only the exact postage charge is deducted we do not add on any additional amounts for handling or administration.
You will only be charged once for the Registered Office postage deposit no matter how many times you order our Registered Office service. When the deposit gets low we will contact you to add an additional amount. On Registered Office renewal any balance or amount left will automatically be carried forward to the next year.
On your Registered Office Account you will be able to track any postage payments and your balance.
What happens if I do not renew the Registered Office?
If a registered office is not renewed and an alternative address is not provided to us, or changed at Companies House, then you are authorising us to amend the Registered Office Address. This may include adding an E to the end of the Dept number, or something similar. We will then proceed to inform Companies House who may change the address to their default address and the company will no longer be seen as in good standing.